Pages

Tuesday, 5 July 2005

Out Of Water, Out Of Words

Monday and Tuesday of this week are Zambian holidays, so I am alone in the office. Well, not quite alone. There are giant rats working in tag teams to strip the place of paper and it's really wigging me out. Especially as I am trying to watch my Desperate Housewives DVDs. Water is already running out even though we've just hit July. Normally we only need to ration come September, and rain starts again in November, but the drought last rainy season is having a knock-on effect. What water we have is a lovely brown colour and full of things. Twiggy planty insecty things. How can one possibly get clean in dirty water? Luckily I am not dehydrating as we have both gin and whiskey to drink. It is also so cold I can see my breath in the mornings. It may be time for some hibernation. Chat amongst yourselves, or have a read elsewhere...

Seems we are not the only ones promoting mobile phones and microcredit...

And how depressing that we never ever learn, and the world continues to turn a blind eye to malevolent dictators.