Pages

Thursday, 27 January 2005

Spam Tips

I hate spam. I hate marketing emails of any kind. I hate e-newsletters, bulletins, announcements or anything similar.

In particular if I could get hold of whoever is Head Of E-Business (In Charge Of Spam) at Sofa Workshop I would bury them in one of their creations and sew it up tight.

But here's a thing. About 5 months ago I was browsing on Amazon. Sign up for personal recommendations by regular e-bulletin it said, over and over again on flashy things. I got to thinking that actually this might be one bulletin I might like to receive. I have no access to papers or magazines with book reviews, or friends' recommendations, and I'd hate to think I was missing out on a good book.

So I signed up. 5 months ago. I haven't heard a dickie bird since. Nada, zip, zilch, nothing. Seems like if you actually want something everyone runs away rather than give it to you. Wouldn't want to belong to a club that would have me as a member and all that jazz.

*UPDATE 28 Jan 05 - You couldn't make this stuff up. E-bulletin from Amazon in my inbox this morning. Their top book recommendation for me? The Complete Guide To Scrapbooking: 100 techniques and 25 Projects Plus a Swipefile of Motifs and Mottoes. Gee, I've really hacked somebody off!