Pages

Friday, 3 December 2004

The Universe Conspires

Ok I give up. Now we have had notice from our internet suppliers that they will shortly be 'carrying out maintenance'. I'm of the 'if it ain't broke, don't fix it' school of thought myself, and I haven't noticed anything wrong. The phone company was to 'carry out maintenance' in July. We have been without phones for close to six months now. So, if you don't hear from me for a while, it's because I CAN'T CONNECT. Why now, while The Husband is away? No real person to talk to, no virtual people to talk to...Perhaps now is the time to handwrite my novel by candlelight and try to bump it up a little from the somewhat stagnant 20k words. I think I will go look for Ratty and try to murder him with a blow from a shovel. I saw my Dad do that once when I was little, it was quite impressive. And besides, the instructions on the rat poison packet say that the thing might take 12 days to die. No doubt up in the inaccessible rafters, and stinking the place out...