Pages

Monday, 20 December 2004

Hello, And Welcome To Animal Hospital

It really does indicate the fact that human kindness is alive and well when a whole group of people I have never met are sending me get-well wishes. Thank you all, you're lovely. However, I think I may have left the malarial bed too soon. Coming in to the office today I was attacked by a rock. So as well as brain fever I am now missing a large portion from the top of my right big toe. Bah!

Well, I've read some great books while ill, all about Afghanistan. For something that will break your heart and take your breath away read the novel The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini. And a non-fiction which is both shocking and fascinating in equal measure is The Bookseller of Kabul by Asne Seierstad.

Ok, I'm retiring now, hobbling offstage...